Costs and insuranceBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
More information about billing and insurance:
Mayo Clinic in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota
Mayo Clinic Health System
Estimate your cost using Mayo Clinic’s online estimator tool
Nov. 30, 2016
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Lasers and flashlamps in dermatology. In: Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 10, 2015.
- Shenenberger DW. Removal of unwanted hair. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 10, 2015.
- Gan SD, et al. Laser hair removal: A review. Dermatologic Surgery. 2013;39:823.
- Haedersdal M, et al. Laser and intense pulsed light hair removal technologies: From professional to home use. British Journal of Dermatology. 2011;165:31.
- Laser hair removal. American Academy of Dermatology. https://www.aad.org/media-resources/stats-and-facts/cosmetic-treatments/laser-hair-removal. Accessed March 10, 2015.
- Laser hair removal information. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. https://www.asds.net/LaserHairRemovalInformation.aspx. Accessed March 14, 2015.
- Hession MT, et al. A review of hand-held, home-use cosmetic laser and light devices. Dermatologic Surgery. 2015;41:307.
- Golden, AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 7, 2015.