- Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic's experienced eye surgeons (ophthalmologists) have training in laser eye surgery in addition to general eye care. Mayo eye surgeons perform about 120 laser eye surgeries each year.
- Thorough screening and newest treatments. Mayo Clinic emphasizes a thorough evaluation to ensure that you will benefit from the appropriate surgery. This careful screening, coupled with the use of the most current laser surgery technology and techniques, helps ensure quality results for laser vision correction.
- Coordinated care. People treated at Mayo Clinic experience continuity of care by seeing the same ophthalmologist from evaluation through post-surgery clinic visits, rather than transferring care to another eye care provider.
- Research. Researchers study new techniques for laser eye surgery and conduct clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for ophthalmology by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Apr. 08, 2014
- Bower KS. Laser refractive surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 15, 2013.
- LASIK — Laser eye surgery. American Academy of Ophthalmology. http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/glasses-contacts-lasik/lasik.cfm. Accessed July 15, 2013.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 29, 2013.
- Robertson DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 28, 2013.