- Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic's experienced eye surgeons (ophthalmologists) have training in laser eye surgery in addition to general eye care. Mayo eye surgeons perform about 120 laser eye surgeries each year.
- Thorough screening and newest treatments. Mayo Clinic emphasizes a thorough evaluation to ensure that you will benefit from the appropriate surgery. This careful screening, coupled with the use of the most current laser surgery technology and techniques, helps ensure quality results for laser vision correction.
- Coordinated care. People treated at Mayo Clinic experience continuity of care by seeing the same ophthalmologist from evaluation through post-surgery clinic visits, rather than transferring care to another eye care provider.
- Research. Researchers study new techniques for laser eye surgery and conduct clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked high performing for ophthalmology by U.S. News & World Report.
April 08, 2014
- Bower KS. Laser refractive surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 15, 2013.
- LASIK — Laser eye surgery. American Academy of Ophthalmology. http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/glasses-contacts-lasik/lasik.cfm. Accessed July 15, 2013.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 29, 2013.
- Robertson DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 28, 2013.