How you prepareBy Mayo Clinic Staff
You'll need to avoid eating and drinking for a certain amount of time before surgery. Your doctor will give you specific instructions about the types of medications you should and shouldn't take before your surgery.
Sept. 03, 2015
- Back pain. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Back_Pain/default.asp. Accessed April 23, 2014.
- McKean SC, et al. Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=749. Accessed April 22, 2014.
- McMahon SB, et al., eds. Textbook of Pain. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 22, 2014.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis. North American Spine Society. http://www.knowyourback.org/Pages/SpinalConditions/DegenerativeConditions/LumbarSpinalStenosis.aspx. Accessed April 23, 2014.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00329. Accessed April 23, 2014.