Risks of knee osteotomy may include:
July 26, 2014
- Infection in the bone or in the surrounding soft tissues
- Failure of the pieces of bone to knit together
- Injuries to nerves or blood vessels around the knee
- Martin GM, et al. Total knee arthroplasty. http://uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 10, 2014.
- Arthritis of the knee. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00212. Accessed June 10, 2014.
- Osteotomy of the knee. . American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00591. Accessed June 10, 2014.
- Wolcott M, et al. High tibial osteotomies in the young active patient. International Orthopaedics. 2010;34:161.
- Brouwer RW, et al. Osteotomy for treating knee osteoarthritis. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004019.pub3/abstract. Accessed June 10, 2014.