Find out what could cause knee pain.
Less common than an ACL knee injury, a torn posterior cruciate ligament can be painful and sideline you for months. Find out more.
April 08, 2016
- Frontera WR, et al. Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Musculoskeletal Disorders, Pain, and Rehabilitation. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1678/0.html. Accessed May 14, 2013.
- Brouwer RW, et al. Braces and orthoses for treating osteoarthritis of the knee. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004020.pub2/abstract. Accessed May 14, 2013.
- Segal NA. Bracing and orthoses: A review of efficacy and mechanical effects for tibiofemoral osteoarthritis. PM&R. 2012;4:S89.
- Gross KD. Device use: Walking aids, braces and orthoses for symptomatic knee osteoarthritis. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine. 2010;26:479.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed May 15, 2013.
- Squyer E, et al. Unloader knee bracers for osteoarthritis: Do patients actually wear them? Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2013;471:1982.
- Laskowski ER (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 15, 2013.