Below are current clinical trials.14 studies in Kidney transplant
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
Purpose of the study is to implement a culturally-targeted Hispanic transplant program and determine the impact of culturally tailored transplant education and care on living donation in the Hispanic population.
The purpose of this study is to determine the change in exercise capacity by comparing VO2 max results pre & post renal transplant.
The purpose of this study is to see if certain pre-transplant markers are able to predict how the kidney will respond after a liver transplant.
The purpose of this pilot study is to investigate whether contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) may help evaluate segmental differences in renal perfusion better than doppler ultrasound and thus help direct a biopsy to the most abnormal part of the renal cortex.
The aim of this study is to determine the validity of two tests on bone marrow of sensitized kidney transplant recipients in order to better understand why these patients with antibodies against their donors are at a greater risk of rejection of their transplanted organs.
The purpose of this study is to measure and characterize specific immune cell abnormalities found in patients who have type 1 diabetes and are on the waiting list for either a pancreas alone or a pancreas and kidney transplant.
The purpose of this study is to create a group of blood and urine samples from Mayo Clinic patients being screened for the kidney donor program as well as to collect risk factor data through a questionnaire. The data, blood and urine samples will be used for future research of kidney diseases at Mayo Clinic and future research at Mayo Clinic to learn about, prevent, or treat other health problems.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the VERIS CMV Assay as an aid in the management of anti-CMV treatment for solid organ transplant patients by showing that virus levels are in agreement with the observed clinical status.
The purpose of this study is to use renal and kidney plus pancreas transplant patient samples to validate both the clinical utility of the CMV scoring algorithm and develop a clinically useful scoring guide for the BK virus immune competence assay.
The purpose of this study is to obtain knowledge of the viscoelastic material properties of the kidney in healthy individuals, patients with chronic kidney disease, and patients who have received a kidney transplant. The aim of the study is to evaluate if these properties are unique indicators of renal health.
June 24, 2016
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Renal transplantation. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 7, 2016.
- Partnering with your transplant team: The patient's guide to transplantation. United Network for Organ Sharing. https://www.unos.org/wp-content/uploads/unos/WEPNTK.pdf. Accessed March 11, 2016.
- Treatment methods for kidney failure: Transplantation. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/KUDiseases/pubs/transplant/index.aspx. Accessed March 11, 2016.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources. Organ matching. http://www.organdonor.gov/about/organmatching.html. Accessed April 7, 2016.
- The kidneys and how they work. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/KUDiseases/pubs/yourkidneys/index.aspx. Accessed March 11, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Kidney transplant. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Hart A., et al. OPTN/SRTR Annual Data Report: Kidney. American Journal of Transplantation. 2016;16:11.
- Brennan DC. HLA matching and graft survival in kidney transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Rossi AP, et al. Evaluation of the potential renal transplant recipient. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 11, 2016.
- Klein CL, et al. HLA and ABO sensitization and desensitization in renal transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 11, 2016.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 7, 2016.
- Venkataraman V, et al. Dialysis issues prior to and after renal transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 15, 2016.
- Rees L, et al. Overview of renal replacement therapy (RRT) for children with chronic kidney disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 15, 2016.
- Kidney disease: causes. National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/kidneydiscauses. Accessed April 7, 2016.
- Berns JS. Patient information: Dialysis or kidney transplantation—Which is right for me. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 7, 2016.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources. Organ transplantation. http://www.organdonor.gov/about/transplantationprocess.html. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- UNOS. Frequently asked questions about kidney transplant evaluation and listing. https://www.unos.org/wpcontent/uploads/unos/Kidney_Eval_Brochure.pdf. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- UNOS Transplant Living. Selecting a hospital. http://www.transplantliving.org/before-the-transplant/getting-on-the-list/selecting-a-hospital/. Accessed April 5, 2016.
- Living donation: Information you need to know. Transplant Living. https://www.unos.org/donation/living-donation/. Accessed March 30, 2016.
- Kidney transplant. National Kidney Foundation. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Vella J. Risk factors for graft failure in kidney transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Preparing for the transplant. American Society of Transplantation. http://www.healthytransplant.com/health_maintenance/preparing_for_transplant.aspx. Accessed March 22, 2016.
- Orandi BJ, et al. Kidney transplants from incompatible live donors. New England Journal of Medicine. 2016;374:940.
- Stegall M. Dosing regimen of eculizumab added to conventional treatment in positive cross match living donor kidney transplant. ClinicalTrials.gov. http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00670774?term=eculizumab+and+mayo&rank=3. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Heilman RL, et al. Impact of early conversion from tacrolimus to sirolimus on chronic allograft changes in kidney recipients on rapid steroid withdrawal. Transplantation. 2012;93:47.
- Mai ML (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. April 27, 2016.