ResultsBy Mayo Clinic Staff
A doctor who specializes in reading X-rays (radiologist) will review and interpret the X-ray images from your intravenous pyelogram and send a report to your doctor. Plan to discuss the results with your doctor at a follow-up appointment.
April 15, 2015
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP). Radiological Society of North America. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=ivp. Accessed Feb. 18, 2015.
- Taal MW, et al. Diagnostic kidney imaging. In: Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 18, 2015.
- O'Neill WC. Radiologic assessment of renal disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 18, 2015.
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP). American Urological Association Foundation. http://www.urologyhealth.org/urology/index.cfm?article=78. Accessed Feb. 18, 2015.
- Medullary sponge kidney. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC). http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/medullaryspongekidney. Accessed Feb. 18, 2015.