- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, neurosurgeons and radiologists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people considering brain surgery that uses iMRI. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience utilizing iMRI during surgery. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- Access to the latest. Mayo Clinic doctors have access to the latest technology that provides high-resolution (high-field) iMRI. Doctors have the option to combine iMRI with other cutting-edge technologies, such as awake brain surgery and brain mapping (electrophysiologic mapping).
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Aug. 15, 2014
- Mislow JMK, et al. Origins of intraoperative MRI. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Clinics of North America. 2010;18:1.
- Barone DG, et al. Image guided surgery for the resection of brain tumors (review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD009685.pub2/abstract. Accessed May 20, 2014.
- Parney IF, et al. Awake craniotomy, electrophysiologic mapping and tumor resection with high-field intraoperative MRI. World Neurosurgery. 2010;73:547.
- Wharen RE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. June 17, 2014.