Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, neurosurgeons and radiologists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people considering brain surgery that uses iMRI. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience utilizing iMRI during surgery. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- Access to the latest. Mayo Clinic doctors have access to the latest technology that provides high-resolution (high-field) iMRI. Doctors have the option to combine iMRI with other cutting-edge technologies, such as awake brain surgery and brain mapping (electrophysiologic mapping).
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
Aug. 15, 2014
- Mislow JMK, et al. Origins of intraoperative MRI. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Clinics of North America. 2010;18:1.
- Barone DG, et al. Image guided surgery for the resection of brain tumors (review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD009685.pub2/abstract. Accessed May 20, 2014.
- Parney IF, et al. Awake craniotomy, electrophysiologic mapping and tumor resection with high-field intraoperative MRI. World Neurosurgery. 2010;73:547.
- Wharen RE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. June 17, 2014.