Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, radiation oncologists, radiation therapists, oncology nurses, treatment planners (dosimetrists) and medical physicists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people undergoing IGRT. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic radiation oncologists have extensive experience creating individualized treatment plans that incorporate IGRT. Each year, more than 5,000 people undergo IGRT at Mayo Clinic. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
Access to the latest. Mayo Clinic doctors have access to advanced IGRT technologies that allow your care team to conduct personalized treatment planning and delivery that provides exactly the care you need.
IGRT is combined with other advanced radiation therapy techniques such as 3-D conformal radiation and intensity-modulated radiation therapy.
Mayo Clinic's proton beam therapy facilities are currently under construction.
- Commitment to quality and safety. Mayo Clinic radiation oncologists partner with a dedicated and experienced physics team to ensure safe delivery of radiation.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Nov. 19, 2014
- Gunderson LL. Clinical Radiation Oncology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clincalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 7, 2014.
- Jaffray DA. Image-guided radiotherapy: From current concept to future perspectives. Nature Reviews Clinical Oncology. 2012;9:688.
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT). RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=igrt. Accessed Oct. 7, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota. July 8, 2014.
- Fong de los Santos LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota. Oct. 27, 2014.