Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, radiologists, gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, speech pathologists, surgeons, pharmacists, internal medicine specialists, dietitians, nurse specialists and wound care experts work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people who require home enteral nutrition.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic specialists have provided home enteral nutrition services to more than 11,000 people. Your care team is prepared with the experience, knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best meets your needs. Options for home enteral nutrition include a variety of feeding tubes, including nasogastric, nasojejunal, gastrostomy, jejunostomy, transgastric jejunostomy and venting tubes.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists are using individual-driven innovation to improve home enteral nutrition and deliver exactly the care each person needs.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
Dec. 09, 2014
- AskMayoExpert. Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy or jejunostomy feeding tubes. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Phillips MS, et al. Overview of enteral and parenteral feeding access techniques: Principles and practice. Surgical Clinics of North America. 2011;91:897.
- Epp LM. Home Enteral Nutrition Database. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 28, 2014.