- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, radiologists, gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, speech pathologists, surgeons, pharmacists, internal medicine specialists, dietitians, nurse specialists and wound care experts work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people who require home enteral nutrition.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic specialists have provided home enteral nutrition services to more than 11,000 people. Your care team is prepared with the experience, knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best meets your needs. Options for home enteral nutrition include a variety of feeding tubes, including nasogastric, nasojejunal, gastrostomy, jejunostomy, transgastric jejunostomy and venting tubes.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists are using individual-driven innovation to improve home enteral nutrition and deliver exactly the care each person needs.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Jul. 17, 2014
- AskMayoExpert. Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy or jejunostomy feeding tubes. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Phillips MS, et al. Overview of enteral and parenteral feeding access techniques: Principles and practice. Surgical Clinics of North America. 2011;91:897.
- Epp LM. Home Enteral Nutrition Database. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 28, 2014.