Heart disease, usually thought of as blockages in the arteries that can cause a heart attack, can describe any medical condition affecting your heart.
Heart palpitations are skipped, fluttering or racing heartbeats that aren't usually a symptom of a serious heart problem. Discover the causes and symptoms of this condition.
March 28, 2017
- Podrid PJ. Ambulatory ECG monitoring. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 22, 2016.
- Holter monitor. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/SymptomsDiagnosisofHeartAttack/Holter-Monitor_UCM_446437_Article.jsp#.WDXveNUrJ0w. Accessed Nov. 22, 2016.
- Holter and event monitors. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/holt. Accessed Nov. 22, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Ambulatory heart rhythm monitoring. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Mankad R (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 20, 2016.