Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Tree Farmer?s Passion for the Outdoors Thrives Thanks to Palliative Care Team
Roger Conklin has a passion for being outdoors. A tree farmer for more than 50 years, Roger looks forward to the changing seasons and experiencing the cycle of planting, growing and harvesting. Over the last two decades, however, health concerns have made his outdoor activities more challenging. During that time, Roger has undergone hip and [...]
Gratitude, and the Voice of Experience
Mark Pearce jokes that, "If something's going to happen, it's going to happen to me." That sentiment isn't hard to understand in someone who has had eight joint replacements (knees, hips and shoulders ? some more than once), has been cardioverted 18 times to restore normal heart rhythm, and had surgery for a brain tumor. [...]
April 22, 2017
- Hip replacement. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/health_info/hip_replacement. Accessed Nov. 8, 2016.
- Erens GA, et al. Total hip arthroplasty. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 8, 2016.
- Total hip replacement. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00377. Accessed Nov. 8, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Hip replacement. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Erens GA, et al. Complications of total hip arthroplasty. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 8, 2016.
- Minimally invasive total hip replacement. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00404. Accessed Nov. 8, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Total hip replacement surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Spangehl MJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale Ariz. Dec. 5, 2016.
- Nelson CW. Dr. Mark B. Coventry and total hip arthroplasty. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 1996;71:328.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 12, 2016.