A nurse or medical assistant may collect a blood sample by pricking your finger and collecting the blood into a narrow glass tube or by drawing blood with a needle from a vein in your arm. You may feel some tenderness at the site, but you'll be able to resume normal activities after the sample is drawn.
July 10, 2013
- Lichtman MA, et al. Williams Hematology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010.
- http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=69. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- Hematocrit. Lab Tests Online. http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/hematocrit/tab/test. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- CBC with differential, blood. Mayo Medical Laboratories. http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/9109. Accessed March 25, 2013.
- Schrier SL. Approach to the adult patient with anemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 30, 2013.