Below are current clinical trials.2 studies in Heart valve surgery
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
This study is designed to determine if point-of-care washing of allogeneic Leukocyte-Reduced Red Blood Cells reduces pulmonary complications when compared to standard-of-care Leukocyte-Reduced Red Blood Cells in a cardiac surgical population.
The purpose of this study is to provide a survey to prospective candidates undergoing transcatheter valve replacement or repair at two time-points to assess grit, a psychological composite of personal diligence which has been validated to predict retention in other pursuits of long-term goals over and above assessments limited to intelligence and physical aptitude.
March 03, 2017
- What is heart surgery? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hs. Accessed Sept. 23, 2016.
- What is heart valve disease? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hvd. Accessed Aug. 15, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Getting ready for heart surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2011.
- How can I prepare for heart surgery? American Heart Association. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/heartsurgery.html. Accessed Sept. 25, 2016.
- Taggarse AK, et al. How has robotic repair changed the landscape of mitral valve surgery? Annals of Cardiothoracic Surgery. 2015;4:358.
- Aldea GS. Minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 15, 2016.
- Vernick W, et al. Robotic and minimally invasive cardiac surgery. Anesthesiology Clinics. 2013;31:299.
- Bonow RO, et al., eds. Valvular heart disease. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 16, 2016.
- Ruiz CE, et al. Transcatheter therapies for the treatment of valvular and paravalvular regurgitation in acquired and congenital valvular heart disease. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2015;66:169.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 23, 2016.
- Nishimura RA, et al. 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2014;148:e1.
- AskMayoExpert. Mitral regurgitation. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Stulak JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 28, 2016.
News, connections and conversations for your health