- Team approach. At Mayo Clinic, an integrated team of doctors trained in heart disease (cardiologists), in heart and lung surgery (cardiac and thoracic surgeons) and in other specialties evaluates you and treats your condition. Mayo Clinic doctors work with doctors from many other areas to provide the most appropriate heart care. Pediatric cardiologists at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota work with adult cardiologists to care for people of all ages.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors and surgeons have experience diagnosing and treating people who have cardiovascular diseases. Doctors and surgeons care for more than 75,000 people who have cardiovascular disease each year. More than 230 cardiologists and cardiac and thoracic surgeons provide your heart care.
- Surgical expertise. Mayo Clinic surgeons perform thousands of heart, lung and chest procedures (cardiac and thoracic surgeries) each year using state-of-the-art technology. Surgeons perform minimally invasive heart surgery, ventricular assist device implantation and many other complex procedures, including surgical treatment for congenital heart diseases.
- Efficient system. In Mayo Clinic's system, your cardiologist and treatment team will examine you, diagnose your condition and develop your treatment plan, often within a few days.
- Research. At Mayo Clinic, you may have access to ongoing clinical trials, research and new treatments.
- Support. You and your family may have the opportunity to participate in heart disease support groups.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Apr. 11, 2011