Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that occurs only during pregnancy. Controlling your blood sugar level can keep you and your baby healthy.
Polyhydramnios — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes and treatment of excessive amniotic fluid in pregnancy.
Apr. 17, 2013
- Coustan DR, et al. Screening and diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Aug. 1, 2012.
- Van Leeuwen M, et al. Glucose challenge test for detecting gestational diabetes mellitus: A systematic review. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2012;119:393.
- Evensen AE. Update on gestational diabetes mellitus. Primary Care. 2012;39:83.
- Position statement: Standards of medical care in diabetes — 2012. Diabetes Care. 2012;35:S11.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee on Obstetric Practice. Committee Opinion No. 504: Screening and diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2011;118:751.
- What I need to know about gestational diabetes. National Diabetes Information Clearing House. http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/gestational/#5. Accessed Aug. 1, 2012.
- Routine prenatal care. Bloomington, Minn.: Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement. http://www.icsi.org/prenatal_care_4/prenatal_care__routine__full_version__2.html. Accessed Sept. 14, 2012.
- Castro MR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 24, 2012.