During the ferritin test, a member of your health care team takes a sample of blood by inserting a needle into a vein in your arm. The blood sample is sent to a lab for analysis. You can return to your usual activities immediately.
Nov. 29, 2016
- Ferritin, serum. Mayo Medical Laboratories. http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Overview/88153. Accessed Oct. 14, 2016.
- Gomella LG, et al., eds. Laboratory diagnosis: Chemistry, immunology, serology. In: Clinician's Pocket Reference: The Scut Monkey. 11th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2007. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=365. Accessed Oct. 14, 2016.
- Ferritin. Lab Tests Online. http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ferritin/tab/test. Accessed Oct. 14, 2016.
- Mesa RA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona. Oct. 17, 2016.
- Picchietti DL. Restless legs syndrome/Willis-Ekbom disease during pregnancy and lactation. www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 14, 2016.
- Mandl LA. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of adult Still's disease. www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 14, 2016.
- Laffel L. Epidemiology, presentation, and diagnosis of type 2 diabetes mellitus in children and adolescents. www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 14, 2016.