Inattention and hyperactive, impulsive behavior can be challenging for both children and their families. But appropriate treatment for ADHD can make a real difference.
Adult ADHD can lead to challenges at work, in relationships and in other areas of your life. The right treatment can make a big difference.
Childhood schizophrenia is confusing and heart wrenching. Learn about managing this serious psychotic disorder.
Looking for a mental health provider but not sure where to start? Here are tips, questions to ask and issues to consider.
People with schizoaffective disorder have certain symptoms of both schizophrenia and a mood disorder, such as depression or bipolar disorder.
Schizophrenia causes delusions, hallucinations and behavior changes. The good news is that new medications can often effectively manage schizophrenia symptoms.
People with schizotypal personalities have few friends, act peculiar and often entertain distorted perceptions of reality.
Becoming part of a stepfamily can be challenging and stressful for a child. Here's help smoothing the transition.
All teens feel down from time to time. But if negative feelings persist or start to interfere with daily life, it might be depression.
Nov. 08, 2014
- Marriage and family therapists: The friendly mental health professionals. American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. http://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/Consumer_Updates/Marriage_and_Family_Therapists.aspx. Accessed Aug. 21, 2014.
- Family therapy can help: For people in recovery from mental illness or addiction. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. http://store.samhsa.gov/product/Family-Therapy-Can-Help-For-People-in-Recovery-From-Mental-Illness-or-Addiction/SMA13-4784. Accessed Aug. 21, 2014.
- Psychotherapies. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/psychotherapies/index.shtml. Accessed Aug. 21, 2014.
- Lebow J. Overview of psychotherapies. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 21, 2014.
- Vickers Douglas KS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 1, 2014.