Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Why choose Mayo Clinic
- Collaboration. Mayo Clinic's Familial Cancer Program is staffed by experts from several fields who work together to ensure you receive exactly the care you need. Professionals who work in the Familial Cancer Program include specialists in genetic counseling and doctors with expertise in hereditary cancer syndromes.
- Expertise. Familial cancer syndromes are rare, and it's important to seek evaluation from doctors familiar with your cancer. Mayo Clinic's highly trained specialists are experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of all familial cancer syndromes.
- Research. Mayo Clinic patients have access to participate in research studies that may help advance the understanding of cancer. Researchers study cancer risk factors (both genetic and nongenetic) and the effect of changing lifestyle factors — such as exercise or smoking — on cancer risk. Mayo doctors use these studies to develop new approaches to the prevention and management of genetic cancers.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Jan. 06, 2016
- Pichurin PN (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 10, 2015.