Your doctor will receive the results of your esophageal manometry in one to two days. The test results can be part of a preoperative evaluation or help identify the cause of esophageal symptoms. Plan to discuss the results with your doctor at a follow-up appointment.
June 10, 2015
- Ask Mayo Expert. Dysphagia. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Peters JH. Techniques of high-resolution esophageal manometry, Classification and treatment of spastic esophageal motility disorders. In: Shackelford's Surgery of the Alimentary Tract. 7th edition. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com.
- Lembo AJ, et al. Motility testing: When does it help? http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 19, 2015.
- American Gastroenterological Association. Understanding esophageal manometry. http://www.asge.org/patients/patients.aspx?id=6822. Accessed March 19, 2015.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 21, 2015.