Perimenopause — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment, self-care of this life transition for women.
Uterine fibroids are noncancerous tumors of the uterus. Medical therapy and surgical procedures can shrink or remove uterine fibroids.
Oct. 11, 2012
- Frequently asked questions. Special procedures FAQ134. Endometrial ablation. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/25741BBE1E6F447F91C89B8BEF9505F8.ashx. Accessed Sept. 4, 2012.
- Sharp HT. An overview of endometrial ablation. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Sept. 4, 2012.
- Fothergill RE. Endometrial ablation in the office setting. Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America. 2008;35:317.
- Zacur HA. Chronic menorrhagia or anovulatory uterine bleeding. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Sept. 4, 2012.
- Lentz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/linkTo?type=bookPage&isbn=978-0-323-06986-1&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-06986-1..C2009-0-48752-X--TOP. Accessed Sept. 4, 2012.
- Sharp HT. Endometrial ablation: Non-resectoscopic techniques. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Sept. 5, 2012.
- Hopkins MR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 28, 2012.