Mayo Clinic's wrist-fracture treatment teams include specialists in orthopedic surgery and in physical medicine and rehabilitation. These experts work together with the goal of restoring strength and range of motion in your elbow.
Experience and expertise
Mayo Clinic's orthopedic surgeons have expertise in all types of elbow prostheses, and perform more than 100 elbow replacement surgeries each year.
Diagnostic and surgical innovation
Mayo Clinic doctors have developed a number of diagnostic examinations and surgical techniques to help make elbow replacement a highly effective treatment option.
Researchers with the Shoulder and Elbow Laboratory are leaders in developing, modifying and patenting new prosthesis designs. Because of the work done in this lab, you have access to the latest elbow replacement treatment advances at Mayo Clinic. Some of the top prosthesis designs were developed in cooperation with Mayo Clinic surgeons.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for orthopedics.
July 11, 2017
- Azar FM, et al. Reconstructive procedures of the shoulder and elbow in adults. In: Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 13th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 22, 2017.
- Sanchez-Santelo J, et al. Primary linked semiconstrained total elbow arthroplasty for rheumatoid arthritis. The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery. 2016;98:1741.
- Steinmann SP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 13, 2017.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 17, 2017.
- Morrey BF, et al. Total elbow arthroscopy. The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery. American Volume. 1981;63:1050.
Elbow replacement surgery