- Experience. Mayo Clinic's orthopedic surgeons have expertise in all types of elbow prostheses and perform more than 100 elbow replacement surgeries each year.
- Diagnostic and surgical innovation. Mayo Clinic doctors have developed a number of diagnostic examinations and surgical techniques to help make elbow replacement a highly effective treatment option.
- National rankings. Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona, are ranked among the Best Hospitals for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, is ranked high performing for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for orthopedics.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's orthopedic surgery department's expertise and rankings.
July 11, 2017
- Azar FM, et al. Reconstructive procedures of the shoulder and elbow in adults. In: Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 13th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 22, 2017.
- Sanchez-Santelo J, et al. Primary linked semiconstrained total elbow arthroplasty for rheumatoid arthritis. The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery. 2016;98:1741.
- Steinmann SP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 13, 2017.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 17, 2017.
- Morrey BF, et al. Total elbow arthroscopy. The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery. American Volume. 1981;63:1050.
Elbow replacement surgery