- Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic's orthopedic surgeons have expertise in all types of elbow prostheses, and perform more than 60 total elbow replacement surgeries each year. Mayo Clinic surgeons also host educational seminars to teach other surgeons the latest surgery techniques.
- Diagnostic and surgical innovation. Mayo Clinic doctors have developed a number of diagnostic examinations and surgical techniques to help make elbow replacement a highly effective treatment option.
- Research advances. The Biomechanics Laboratory and Shoulder and Elbow Laboratory are leaders in developing, modifying and patenting new prosthesis designs. Because of the work done in these labs, you have access to the latest elbow replacement treatment advances at Mayo Clinic. Some of the top prosthesis designs were developed in cooperation with Mayo Clinic surgeons.
Why choose Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
March 18, 2015
- Canale ST, et al. Shoulder and elbow arthroplasty. In: Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 19, 2015.
- Sanchez-Sotelo J, et al. Total elbow arthroplasty. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2011;19:121.
- Golden, AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 20, 2015.
- Morrey BF, et al. Total elbow arthroscopy. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 1981;63-A:1050.
- Sahu D, et al. Influence of radial head prosthetic design on radiocapitellar joint contact mechanics. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2014;23:456.
- Barlow JD, et al. Activities after total elbow arthroplasty. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2013;22:787.