Miscarriage can be heartbreaking. It might help to understand possible causes and treatment options, as well as what to expect for the future.
Uterine polyps may cause signs such as heavy, irregular menstrual bleeding or vaginal bleeding after menopause. Find out how uterine polyps are diagnosed and treated.
Feb. 15, 2014
- Stovall DW. Dilation and curettage. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 17, 2013.
- Frequently asked questions. Special procedures FAQ062. Dilation and curettage. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq062.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20130917T1630247849. Accessed Sept. 17, 2013.
- DeCherney AH, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment Obstetrics & Gynecology.11th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=788. Accessed Sept. 17, 2013.
- Pfenninger JL, et al. Pfenninger & Fowler's Procedures for Primary Care. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Mosby; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2013.
- Q&A: What you should know before surgery. American Society of Anesthesiologists. http://www.lifelinetomodernmedicine.com/What-To-Expect/QA-What-You-Should-Know-Before-Surgery.aspx. Accessed Sept. 18, 2013.
- Breitkopf DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 29, 2013.