At Mayo Clinic, specialists draw upon their expertise and vast experience in dental implant surgery to help provide exactly the treatment and care that you need.
- Experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic's highly skilled experts replace missing teeth with dental implants in hundreds of people.
- Teamwork. A multispecialty treatment team works together to provide a customized solution for you. The team may include dentists who design and fit artificial teeth (prosthodontists); dentists specializing in treating structures that support the teeth, such as gums and bones (periodontists); specialists in ear, nose and throat (ENT); or mouth, jaw and face (oral and maxillofacial) surgeons.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors track the results of all dental implant surgeries to help assess the reliability of dental implants and the effectiveness of various procedures.
Sept. 16, 2016
- Dental implants FAQs. American College of Prosthodontists. http://www.gotoapro.org/dental-implants-faqs/. Accessed Aug. 5, 2016.
- Dental implant surgery. American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. http://myoms.org/assets/uploads/documents/Ebook_dental_implant_R.pdf. Accessed Aug. 6, 2016.
- Dental implants. American Academy of Periodontology. http://www.perio.org/consumer/dental-implants. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Manzano G, et al. Risk factors in early transplant failure: A meta-analysis. Implant Dentistry. 2016;25:1.
- Bone augmentation. American Academy of Implant Dentistry. http://www.aaid-implant.org/dental-implant-options/bone-augmentation. Accessed Aug. 4, 2016.
- Single tooth dental implants. American Academy of Periodontology. http://www.perio.org/consumer/single-tooth-implant. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Implants. Mouth Healthy. American Dental Association. http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/az-topics/i/Implants. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Esposito M, et al. Interventions for replacing missing teeth: Different times for loading dental implants. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD003878.pub5/abstract. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Monje A, et al. Impact of maintenance therapy for the prevention of peri-implant diseases: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Dental Research. 2016;95:372.
- Multiple tooth implants. American Academy of Periodontology. https://www.perio.org/consumer/multiple-tooth-implant. Accessed Aug. 10, 2016.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 9, 2015.
- Salinas TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 15, 2016.