- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, urologists work with a variety of specialists as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people considering cystectomy. Which professionals are included in your care will depend on your particular situation.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic surgeons have extensive experience performing cystectomy. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors complete more than 200 cystectomy procedures.
Expertise. Cystectomy and the reconstruction that follows are complex procedures that require highly skilled and extensively trained surgeons. Mayo Clinic doctors have pioneered many of the cystectomy techniques, including robotic and minimally invasive approaches.
Mayo Clinic doctors have the training and expertise needed to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- Access to the latest. Mayo Clinic doctors have access to the latest surgical equipment and training in the latest techniques, such as robotic surgery, that are designed to speed your recovery and improve your quality of life.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for urology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for urology by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for urology by U.S. News & World Report.
Sept. 03, 2014
- AskMayoExpert. Urinary diversion. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Wein AJ, ed., et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://wwwclinicalkey.com. Accessed July 23, 2014.
- Shariat SF, et al. Urinary diversion and reconstruction following cystectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 23, 2014.
- Aron M, et al. Laparoscopic/robotic-assisted radical cystectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 23, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 29, 2014.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale , Ariz. July 28, 2014.