Mayo Clinic urologic surgeons have extensive experience performing cystectomy and urinary tract reconstruction for people with bladder cancer and other conditions.
If you're considering cystectomy, your Mayo Clinic treatment team will conduct extensive testing and consultations to understand your condition and your needs in order to recommend the most appropriate treatment for you.
At Mayo Clinic, you have access to a variety of procedures and treatments. When combined with the expertise of Mayo Clinic specialists, this ensures you will receive exactly the care you need.
Cystectomy procedures and reconstruction procedures used at Mayo Clinic include:
Sep. 03, 2014
- AskMayoExpert. Urinary diversion. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Wein AJ, ed., et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://wwwclinicalkey.com. Accessed July 23, 2014.
- Shariat SF, et al. Urinary diversion and reconstruction following cystectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 23, 2014.
- Aron M, et al. Laparoscopic/robotic-assisted radical cystectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 23, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 29, 2014.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale , Ariz. July 28, 2014.