How you prepareBy Mayo Clinic Staff
You won't need to fast or have any special preparations before the procedure.
Aug. 21, 2015
- Hall-Flavin DK, et al. Utility of integrated pharmacogenomic testing to support the treatment of major depressive disorder in a psychiatric outpatient setting. Pharmacogenetics and Genomics. 2013;23:535.
- Altar CA, et al. Clinical validity: Combinatorial pharmacogenomics predicts antidepressant responses and healthcare utilizations better than single gene phenotypes. The Pharmacogenomics Journal. In press. Accessed July 13, 2015.
- Biernacka JM, et al. The International SSRI Pharmacogenomics Consortium (ISPC): A genome-wide association study of antidepressant treatment response. Translational Psychiatry. 2015;5:e533.
- Genetic testing — CYP450 genotyping to predict response to SSRIs used to treat non-psychotic depression in adults: EGAPP recommendation. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/genomics/gtesting/EGAPP/recommend/CYP450.htm. Accessed July 13, 2015.
- Genetic testing — General public: CYP450 genotyping and use of SSRI drugs for depression in adults. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/genomics/gtesting/EGAPP/recommend/CYP450_consumer.htm. Accessed July 13, 2015.
- Perlis RH. Pharmacogenomic testing and personalized treatment of depression. Clinical Chemistry. 2014;60:53.
- AskMayoExpert. Antidepressant medications and pharmacogenomics. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Samer CF, et al. Applications of CYP450 testing in the clinical setting. Molecular Diagnosis and Therapy. 2013;17:165.
- Tantisira K, et al. Overview of pharmacogenomics. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 13, 2015.
- Steimer W. Pharmacogenetics and psychoactive drug therapy: Ready for the patient? Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. 2010;32:381.
- Mrazek DA, et al. Facilitating clinical implementation of pharmacogenomics. JAMA. 2011;306:304.
- Veldic M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 14, 2014.
- Kung S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 23, 2015.