Your doctor may recommend a fluid solution (enema) to empty your colon, and an antibiotic to prevent infection during the procedure.
April 26, 2016
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Focal therapy for prostate cancer. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
- Pisters LL, et al. Cryotherapy and other ablative techniques for the initial treatment of prostate cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
- Marien A, et al. Target ablation — Image-guided therapy in prostate cancer. Urologic Oncology: Seminars and Original Investigations. 2014;32:912.
- Moul JW. Rising serum PSA after radiation therapy for localized prostate cancer: Salvage local therapy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
- Friedlander DF, et al. Population-based comparative effectiveness of salvage radical prostatectomy vs cryotherapy. Urology. 2014;83:653.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Ariz. Feb. 12, 2016.
- Cryosurgery for prostate cancer. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostatecancer/detailedguide/prostate-cancer-treating-cryosurgery. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
Cryotherapy for prostate cancer