- Collaboration. Cryoablation treatment is directed by a specially trained interventional radiologist who works closely with other experts to coordinate your care. The makeup of your treatment team depends on your situation, but it could include medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and surgeons, along with other experts, as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic radiologists have extensive experience using cryoablation to treat several types of cancer. This means your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- Latest technology. Mayo Clinic radiologists have the latest imaging technology at their disposal to help ensure accuracy. Using imaging technology as a guide, radiologists guide cryoprobes to precise locations in and around the cancer. Advanced imaging technology allows radiologists to monitor treatment in real time.
- Access to experimental treatments. Mayo Clinic researchers are conducting clinical trials to find new ways to use cryoablation. Clinical trials may give you the chance to try experimental treatments for your cancer.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
July 14, 2015
- Cryotherapy. RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=cryo. Accessed June 1, 2015.