In the Center for Regenerative Medicine, Mayo Clinic plastic surgeons and researchers are developing regenerative medicine-based treatments for people with congenital anomalies of the hands and face, such as microtia, cleft lip and cleft palate; burns; limb and muscle loss; facial aging; facial nerve injuries; breast cancer; and other reconstructive needs.
Read more about research in the Center for Regenerative Medicine: Plastic and Regenerative Surgery.
Surgeons in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery often play a significant role in the lives of patients affected by melanoma. These surgeons work closely with physicians from other specialties around Mayo Clinic to offer patients comprehensive medical care to meet their reconstructive and cosmetic surgical needs. Read more about research in the Melanoma Research Program: Plastic and Reconstructive Medicine.
See a list of publications by Mayo doctors on cosmetic surgery on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
July 19, 2017
- Neligan PC. Managing the cosmetic patient. In: Plastic Surgery. 3rd ed. London, England: Elsevier Saunders; 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Cosmetic procedure questions. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. http://www.asds.net/PatientSafetyPreProcedureQuestionnaire.aspx. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Questions to ask your plastic surgeon. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. https://www.plasticsurgery.org/patient-safety?sub=Questions+to+Ask+Your+Plastic+Surgeon. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Neligan PC. Patient safety in plastic surgery. In: Plastic Surgery. 3rd ed. London, England: Elsevier Saunders; 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Quit smoking before your operation. American College of Surgeons. https://www.facs.org/education/patient-education/patient-resources/prepare/quit-smoking. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Patient safety tips. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. http://www.surgery.org/consumers/patient-safety/surgical-risks-overview. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Tummy tuck guide. American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. http://www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org/procedure-learning-center/body/tummy-tuck-guide/. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Ericksen WL1, Billick SB. Psychiatric issues in cosmetic plastic surgery. Psychiatry Quarterly. 2012;83:343.