A bunion can create pain and pressure at the base of your big toe. Wearing roomier shoes can provide relief.
DISH most often occurs in the spine, but it can affect other joints in your body. Get the basics on this condition.
Frozen shoulder, also known as adhesive capsulitis, is a condition characterized by stiffness, pain and limited motion in the shoulder joint.
Ganglion cysts are noncancerous fluid-filled lumps (cysts) that sometimes develop in the tendons or joints of the wrist, hand or foot.
The pain of golfer's elbow doesn't have to keep you off the course. Here's how to get back into the swing of things.
Morton's neuroma is a growth of nerve tissue in your foot that may be caused by pressure or irritation. It can be painful.
Myofascial pain syndrome is caused by sensitive knots of tissue in your muscles.
The wear and tear of aging may take a toll on your joints. Find out how to manage osteoarthritis.
Don't let the common term "jumper's knee" fool you. Patellar tendinitis can affect anyone — no matter how frequently or infrequently you jump.
A rotator cuff injury is a painful shoulder condition often caused by lifting, falling or repetitive motions. Explore treatments including exercise therapy, medications and surgery.
The pain of acute sciatica can be excruciating, but it usually goes away in about six weeks. Learn how to feel better in the meantime.
Thumb arthritis (basal joint arthritis) occurs when the joint at your wrist and the base of your thumb develops osteoarthritis.
Aug. 13, 2013
- Roberts WN. Intraarticular and soft tissue injections: What agent(s) to inject and how frequently? http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 18, 2013.
- Firestein GS, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1807/0.html. Accessed April 18, 2013.
- Joint injection/aspiration. American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/practice/clinical/patients/diseases_and_conditions/jointinjection.asp. Accessed April 18, 2013.
- Roberts WN, et al. Joint aspiration or injection in adults: Complications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 18, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. Spinal injections. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- AskMayoExpert Steroid dosing and side effects. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Joint injections. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2011.