- Thorough screening. Mayo Clinic emphasizes a thorough evaluation and comprehensive review of your medical history to ensure that you will benefit from the appropriate cornea transplant surgery. This careful screening helps ensure the best chances for a successful outcome — clearer vision.
- Newest technology and treatments. Eye surgeons (ophthalmologists) at Mayo Clinic offer the latest technology and most advanced treatment options available for cornea transplant, including the traditional full-thickness transplant and the newer partial-thickness transplant.
- Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic ophthalmologists have specialized training in cornea surgery in addition to general ophthalmology. Mayo Clinic researchers also have conducted some of the most detailed studies of cornea function and transplant tissue survival in the United States for more than 30 years.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Feb. 05, 2011
- Facts about the cornea and corneal disease. National Eye Institute. http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/cornealdisease/. Accessed Dec. 10, 2010.
- Krachmer JH, et al. Cornea. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby; 2005:1413.
- Learn the facts. Eye Bank Association of America. http://www.restoresight.org/donation/learnthefacts. Accessed Dec. 10, 2010.