Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists), physical medicine and rehabilitation, and other areas research tests and treatments for concussions. Read more about research in neurology and sports medicine.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on concussion testing on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Aug. 24, 2017
- Meehan WP, et al. Concussion in children and adolescents. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 29, 2016.
- Evans RW. Concussion and mild traumatic brain injury. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 29, 2016.
- Meehan WP, et al. Computerized neurocognitive testing for the management of sports related concussions. Pediatrics. 2012;129:38. Accessed March 29, 2016.
- Giza CC, et al. Summary of evidence-based guideline update: Evaluation and management of concussion in sports — Report of the Guideline Development Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology. 2013;80:2250. Accessed March 29, 2016.
- FAQs about baseline concussion testing. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/headsup/basics/baseline_testing.html. Accessed March 30, 2016.
- Smith AM, et al. Ice Hockey Summit II: Zero Tolerance for Head Hits and Fighting, American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 2015;7:283. Accessed March 29, 2016.
- Laskowski ER (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 30, 2016.