Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people. In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Complementary and integrative medicine specialists at Mayo Clinic in Arizona provide consultations to discuss services that might complement and enhance your medical care.
For appointments or more information, call the Central Appointment Office at 800-446-2279 (toll-free) 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, Monday through Friday or complete an online appointment request form.
- U.S. Patients
- International Patients
Specialists in complementary and integrative medicine at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota provide consultations and services such as acupuncture, meditation training, biofeedback, massage therapy, counseling and stress management. Treatment is provided by medical doctors, psychologists, licensed acupuncturists and massage therapists.
Currently, appointments for complementary and integrative medicine services are available only to established Mayo Clinic patients. You'll need a referral from a Mayo Clinic provider in Minnesota.
Becoming a Patient
See information on patient services at the three Mayo Clinic locations, including transportation options and lodging.
Jan. 24, 2014
- What is complementary and alternative medicine? National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. National Institutes of Health. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam. Accessed Sept. 20, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. Complementary and alternative medicine. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Tilburt JC, et al. Alternative medicine research in clinical practice: A U.S. national survey. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2009;169:670.
- Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine (CAHCIM). http://www.imconsortium.org. Accessed Sept. 20, 2013.
- Complementary and integrative medicine program. Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayo.edu/research/centers-programs/complementary-integrative-medicine/complementary-integrative-medicine-program/overview. Accessed Sept. 20, 2013.