Congenital adrenal hyperplasia is a genetic condition affecting the adrenal glands and interfering with normal growth and development in boys and girls.
Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder, characterized by less hemoglobin and fewer red blood cells than normal. When necessary, treatment includes blood transfusions.
Oct. 17, 2015
- Ghidini A. Chorionic villus sampling. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 4, 2015.
- Frequently asked questions. Pregnancy FAQ164. Diagnostic tests for birth defects. American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Diagnostic-Tests-for-Birth-Defects. Accessed July 31, 2015.
- Cunningham FG, et al. Prenatal diagnosis. In: Williams Obstetrics. 24th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Aug. 3, 2015.
- Gabbe SG, et al. Prenatal genetic diagnosis. In: Obstetrics: Normal and Problem Pregnancies. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 3, 2015.
- Frequently asked questions. Pregnancy FAQ027. The Rh factor: How it can affect your pregnancy. American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/The-Rh-Factor-How-It-Can-Affect-Your-Pregnancy. Accessed July 31, 2015.
- Frequently asked questions. Pregnancy FAQ171. Cystic fibrosis: Prenatal screening and diagnosis. American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Cystic-Fibrosis-Prenatal-Screening-and-Diagnosis. Accessed July 31, 2015.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins — Obstetrics. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 88: Invasive Prenatal Testing for Aneuploidy. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2007;110:1459.
- Gibbs RS, et al. Prenatal diagnosis. In: Danforth's Obstetrics and Gynecology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Wolters Kluwer Health Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008. http://www.danforthsobgyn.com. Accessed Aug. 3, 2015.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Birth defects. In: Your Pregnancy and Childbirth Month to Month. 5th ed. Washington, D.C.: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists; 2010:343.
- Patient information: Chorionic villus sampling. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 4, 2015.
- Beckman CRB, et al. Genetics and genetic disorders in obstetrics and gynecology. In: Obstetrics and Gynecology. 7th ed. Baltimore, Md.: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2014.
- Vincent Corbett J, et al. Diagnostic procedures related to childbearing years. Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures with Nursing Diagnoses. 8th ed. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Pearson Education, Inc.; 2013.
- Fischbach FT, et al. Prenatal diagnosis and tests of fetal well-being. In: A Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2014.
- Pagana KD, et al. Maternal/Fetal evaluation. In: Mosby's Manual of Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests. 5th ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier Mosby; 2014.
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine. SMFM Consult: Risks of chorionic villus sampling and amniocentesis. Contemporary OB/GYN. 2014; 59; e.1. http://contemporaryobgyn.modernmedicine.com/contemporary-obgyn/news/RC/smfm-consult-risks-chorionic-villus-sampling-and-amniocentesis. Accessed October 13, 2015.