How you prepareBy Mayo Clinic Staff
No special preparation is required before a chiropractic adjustment.
Chiropractic treatment may require a series of visits to your chiropractor. Ask your care provider about the frequency of visits and be prepared to work them into your schedule. It might be a good idea to bring your calendar along or have an idea of when in your schedule you can fit in visits to the chiropractic office.
Many health insurance policies cover chiropractic care, but you might want to check to see how many treatments are covered in a given time period.
Aug. 13, 2015
- Chiropractic: An introduction. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/chiropractic/introduction.htm?lang=es. Accessed July 20, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Chiropractic treatment. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Shekelle P, et al. Spinal manipulation in the treatment of musculoskeletal pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 20, 2015.
- Bauer BA. Mayo Clinic Book of Alternative Medicine. 2nd ed. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2010:138.
- Spinal manipulation for low-back pain. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/pain/spinemanipulation.htm. Accessed July 20, 2015.