Acute lymphocytic leukemia is a type of leukemia that affects immature white blood cells. It's the most common cancer in children and adolescents.
Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), a form of cancer that affects the blood cells, is the most common type of leukemia.
Though anal cancer is rare, incidence of anal cancer is increasing. Find out the symptoms and causes of cancer of the anal canal.
Cancer treatment information for patients, including research and clinical trials at Mayo Clinic.
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia is a cancer of the blood and bone marrow. Unlike other cancers, this form of leukemia doesn't always initially require treatment.
Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) is a rare type of blood cancer. New treatments may be improving the prognosis for many people with CML.
Colon cancer and rectal cancer combined are the second-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States. Regular screening tests can help reduce your risk.
Endometrial cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. If detected early, this cancer is often successfully treated.
Reduce your risk of esophageal cancer by eating more fruits and vegetables.
Wonder how cancer treatment could affect your fertility? Understand what you can do to preserve your fertility before starting treatment.
Ask questions and work with your health care team to prepare for chemotherapy so that you know what side effects to expect and how to manage them.
The risk of liver cancer may be reduced by protecting yourself from serious liver diseases such as cirrhosis and hepatitis B and C.
Smoking increases your risk of lung cancer. Quit now and reduce your risk.
Merkel cell carcinoma is a rare, aggressive skin cancer. Chronic sun exposure or a weak immune system may increase your risk of developing it.
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer closely linked to asbestos exposure. Find out the signs and symptoms of malignant mesothelioma and how to protect yourself.
Mouth cancer includes cancer that occurs in the mouth or on the lips.
In myelofibrosis, healthy bone marrow is replaced with scar tissue, leading to severe anemia and fatigue.
Nasopharyngeal carcinoma is rare in the United States but more common in some other parts of the world.
Neuroblastoma most commonly affects children age 5 and younger. It's the most common form of cancer in babies.
Neurofibromatosis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of this genetic disorder.
Paget's disease of the breast is a form of breast cancer that involves the nipple. Understand treatment options for this rare breast cancer.
Pancreatic cancer is often fatal. Find out which new treatments offer hope.
Retinoblastoma is a cancerous tumor of the eye that generally affects young children. If retinoblastoma is detected early, a cure is possible.
Reduce your risk of stomach cancer by eating more fruits and vegetables.
The most common throat cancers are linked to smoking and excessive alcohol use.
For people diagnosed with the most common forms of thyroid cancer, the prognosis is usually excellent.
Vaginal cancer is a rare cancer that typically occurs in older women.
Cancer of the vulva, the outer part of the female genitalia, is rare. It occurs most often in older women.
In Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, tumors in the pancreas or duodenum secrete a hormone called gastrin that leads to excessive stomach acid and ulcers.
May 05, 2014
- Chemotherapy and you: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping/chemotherapy-and-you. Accessed Feb. 13, 2014.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 13, 2014.
- What to expect when having chemotherapy. Cancer.Net. http://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/how-cancer-treated/chemotherapy/what-expect-when-having-chemotherapy. Accessed Feb. 13, 2014.
- Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan). American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/Practice/Clinical/Patients/Medications/Cyclophosphamide_(Cytoxan). Accessed Feb. 13, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 18, 2013.
- Moynihan TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 13, 2014.