Though anal cancer is rare, incidence of anal cancer is increasing. Find out the symptoms and causes of cancer of the anal canal.
Cancer treatment information for patients, including research and clinical trials at Mayo Clinic.
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia is a cancer of the blood and bone marrow. Unlike other cancers, this form of leukemia doesn't always initially require treatment.
Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) is a rare type of blood cancer. New treatments may be improving the prognosis for many people with CML.
Colon cancer and rectal cancer combined are the second-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States. Regular screening tests can help reduce your risk.
Endometrial cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. If detected early, this cancer is often successfully treated.
Reduce your risk of esophageal cancer by eating more fruits and vegetables.
Wonder how cancer treatment could affect your fertility? Understand what you can do to preserve your fertility before starting treatment.
Ask questions and work with your health care team to prepare for chemotherapy so that you know what side effects to expect and how to manage them.
The risk of liver cancer may be reduced by protecting yourself from serious liver diseases such as cirrhosis and hepatitis B and C.
Merkel cell carcinoma is a rare, aggressive skin cancer. Chronic sun exposure or a weak immune system may increase your risk of developing it.
In myelofibrosis, healthy bone marrow is replaced with scar tissue, leading to severe anemia and fatigue.
Neuroblastoma most commonly affects children age 5 and younger. It's the most common form of cancer in babies.
Neurofibromatosis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of this genetic disorder.
Paget's disease of the breast is a form of breast cancer that involves the nipple. Understand treatment options for this rare breast cancer.
Pancreatic cancer is often fatal. Find out which new treatments offer hope.
Reduce your risk of stomach cancer by eating more fruits and vegetables.
For people diagnosed with the most common forms of thyroid cancer, the prognosis is usually excellent.
Vaginal cancer is a rare cancer that typically occurs in older women.
May 05, 2014
- Chemotherapy and you: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping/chemotherapy-and-you. Accessed Feb. 13, 2014.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 13, 2014.
- What to expect when having chemotherapy. Cancer.Net. http://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/how-cancer-treated/chemotherapy/what-expect-when-having-chemotherapy. Accessed Feb. 13, 2014.
- Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan). American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/Practice/Clinical/Patients/Medications/Cyclophosphamide_(Cytoxan). Accessed Feb. 13, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 18, 2013.
- Moynihan TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 13, 2014.