Cancer rehabilitation is a program that helps people with cancer to maintain and restore physical and emotional well-being. Cancer rehabilitation is available before, during and after cancer treatment.
Cancer rehabilitation involves many types of specialists working together to develop a personal rehabilitation plan that considers your preferences, strengths and goals.
Participating in the cancer rehabilitation program may help you experience a fuller or quicker recovery. Cancer rehabilitation professionals at Mayo Clinic offer the help and expertise that you need to:
- Improve your endurance, strength and mobility
- Increase your confidence and self-esteem
- Make the activities of daily living and caring for yourself easier
- Help you cope with anxiety, distress or other emotional issues
- Reduce fatigue, pain and other lingering side effects
- Return to work
The cancer rehabilitation services in Minnesota can benefit all people with cancer who experience a change in quality of life after diagnosis, including all types and stages of cancer.
Aug. 08, 2012