If your blood is being tested only for CA 125, you can eat and drink normally before the test.
Apr. 14, 2014
- CA-125. Lab Tests Online. http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ca125/tab/glance. Accessed Dec. 10, 2013.
- Understanding CA 125 levels: A guide for ovarian cancer patients. Foundation for Women's Cancer. http://www.foundationforwomenscancer.org/educational-materials/ovarian-cancer. Accessed Dec. 10, 2013.
- Tumor markers: Questions and answers. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/detection/tumor-markers. Accessed Dec. 10, 2013.
- Cancer antigen 125 (CA 125), serum. Mayo Medical Laboratories. http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/9289. Accessed Dec. 11, 2013.
- Moyer VA, et al. Screening for ovarian cancer: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force reaffirmation recommendation statement. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2012;157:900.
- Buys SS, et al. Effect of screening on ovarian cancer mortality: The Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) cancer screening randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2011;305:2295.
- Reade CJ, et al. Risks and benefits of screening asymptomatic women for ovarian cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Gynecologic Oncology. 2013;130:674-681.
- Genetic/familial high-risk assessment: Breast and ovarian. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Dec. 3, 2013.
- Ovarian cancer including fallopian tube cancer and primary peritoneal cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Dec. 3, 2013.