Aging typically causes the lines across the forehead and between the eyes to deepen. As skin and soft tissues lose elasticity, the distance between the eyebrows and eyelashes also shortens. The combination of low eyebrows and deep creases can make you look tired, angry or sad. A brow lift can soften facial lines, raise the eyebrows and restore a softer, more pleasing appearance.
You might consider a brow lift if you have:
Feb. 13, 2014
- Creases across your forehead or high on the bridge of your nose, between your eyes
- Vertical creases between your eyebrows
- A low or sagging brow that's contributing to sagging upper eyelids
- Brow lift. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/brow-lift.html. Accessed July 23, 2013.
- Forehead lift. American Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Inc. http://www.aafprs.org/patient/procedures/forehead_lifts.html. Accessed July 23, 2013.
- Neligan PC. Plastic Surgery. Vol. 2. 3rd ed. London, England: Elsevier Saunders; 2013:93.
- Truswell W, et al. Your Complete Guide to Facial Rejuvenation. Omaha, Neb.: Addicus Books; 2007:102.
- Jacobson SR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 3, 2013.