Atypical hyperplasia is one link in the chain of progression toward breast cancer. Learn how having this condition increases your breast cancer risk.
Breast cancer is the disease that many women fear most. But early detection and lifestyle changes may reduce your risk.
Breast cysts are more common in women before menopause. Draining fluid from a breast cyst can diagnose and treat the problem.
Breast pain is a common problem for women. But while it can be worrisome and uncomfortable, it rarely signals cancer or another serious health condition.
Fibrocystic breasts feel lumpy, and they're prone to soreness before your period. They're sometimes uncomfortable, but fibrocystic breast changes are common.
For male breast cancer, awareness and early diagnosis are key to successful treatment.
Paget's disease of the breast is a form of breast cancer that involves the nipple. Understand treatment options for this rare breast cancer.
Jul. 02, 2011
- Breast cancer. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/detailedguide/breast-cancer-detection. Accessed May 13, 2011.
- Fletcher SW. Screening for breast cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed May 12, 2011.
- Sabel MS. Breast lumps and other common breast problems. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed May 12, 2011.
- Breast self-exam. The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/publications/patient_education/bp145.cfm. Accessed May 13, 2011.
- Breast self-examination. Breast health access for women with disabilities. http://www.bhawd.org/sitefiles/bse/bse_broc.html. Accessed May 13, 2011.
- Mathias KL, et al. Palpable presentation of breast cancer persists in the era of screening mammography. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2010;210:314.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 18, 2011.