- Collaboration. Mayo Clinic's breast clinic includes specialists in genetics, breast imaging, breast surgery, breast health and oncology. These experts work together to develop a care plan to provide you with whole-person care.
- Available online risk assessment tools. Doctors at Mayo Clinic use breast cancer risk assessment tools that take into account many aspects of your personal health and family history in order to understand your individual risk of breast cancer.
- Personalized care. Mayo Clinic doctors don't take a one-size-fits-all approach to breast cancer screening and prevention. Instead, doctors work with you to determine what strategies for screening and prevention best meet your needs and preferences.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for cancer.
Oct. 22, 2015
- Pruthi S, et al. Chemoprevention for breast cancer. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2015;22:3230.
- Ko MG, et al. Reducing the risk of breast cancer: A personalized approach. The Journal of Family Practice. 2012;61:340.
- Breast SPOREs. National Cancer Institute. http://trp.cancer.gov/spores/breast.htm. Accessed Oct. 8, 2015.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 8, 2015.