Breast cysts are more common in women before menopause. Draining fluid from a breast cyst can diagnose and treat the problem.
Breast pain is a common problem for women. But while it can be worrisome and uncomfortable, it rarely signals cancer or another serious health condition.
Usually first detected on a mammogram, DCIS is an early, treatable form of breast cancer. But left untreated, it could become an invasive breast cancer.
Fibrocystic breasts feel lumpy, and they're prone to soreness before your period. They're sometimes uncomfortable, but fibrocystic breast changes are common.
Invasive lobular carcinoma is a form of breast cancer that develops in a milk-producing lobule of breast tissue.
Mastitis can leave you feeling exhausted and run-down — hardly ideal when you're breast-feeding an infant. Discover ways to care for yourself if you have mastitis.
Paget's disease of the breast is a form of breast cancer that involves the nipple. Understand treatment options for this rare breast cancer.
Recurrent breast cancer — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, diagnosis and treatment for breast cancer recurrence.
Aug. 22, 2013
- Esserman LJ, et al. Breast biopsy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 4, 2013.
- For women facing a breast biopsy. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/treatment/understandingyourdiagnosis/examsandtestdescriptions/forwomenfacingabreastbiopsy/index. Accessed June 4, 2013.
- Having a breast biopsy: A guide for women and their families. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. http://effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/index.cfm/search-for-guides-reviews-and-reports/?productid=407&pageaction=displayproduct. Accessed June 4, 2013.
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy. RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=breastbius. Accessed June 4, 2013.
- MRI-guided breast biopsy. RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=breastbimr. Accessed June 4, 2013.