- Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is a leading treatment and research center for people who need brain rehabilitation after injury or disease has altered their brain function. The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) has accredited the inpatient and outpatient brain rehabilitation services at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for its expertise in providing stroke, traumatic brain injury and pediatric rehabilitation care.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic's brain rehabilitation team helps hundreds of people recover from traumatic and nontraumatic brain injuries each year. Doctors trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation coordinate a team of doctors and staff trained in many areas to evaluate and address your needs.
- Treatment and follow-up care. Mayo Clinic doctors and other staff trained in brain rehabilitation provide your care from the day you're diagnosed with a brain disorder through your return home to your family and community. Some impairments after your brain injury last a lifetime. Mayo Clinic's integrated brain rehabilitation team will work with you to meet your long-term needs, offering you and your family a seamless experience between levels of care as your condition improves and your needs change over time.
- Individualized care. Mayo Clinic doctors and other specialists develop an individualized treatment plan for each person with a brain disorder. You and your family are considered an integral part of the treatment team, and you're informed and involved in making decisions. Pediatric specialists trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation care for children with brain injuries at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors take an evidence-based approach to brain rehabilitation. Brain rehabilitation research at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota has been funded by the federal government for 15 years to study outcomes, rehabilitation options and potential treatments for brain injuries and disorders. Read about rehabilitation outcomes in brain disorders and other conditions.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Jan. 05, 2012