Breast cancer is the disease that many women fear most. But early detection and lifestyle changes may reduce your risk.
Cervical cancer is a common and often preventable reproductive cancer. Find out what cervical cancer is and how it's treated.
Endometrial cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. If detected early, this cancer is often successfully treated.
Reduce your risk of esophageal cancer by eating more fruits and vegetables.
Smoking increases your risk of lung cancer. Quit now and reduce your risk.
Mouth cancer includes cancer that occurs in the mouth or on the lips.
Nasopharyngeal carcinoma is rare in the United States but more common in some other parts of the world.
Prostate cancer is a common cancer affecting men. But with early detection, you improve your chances of successful treatment.
Retinoblastoma is a cancerous tumor of the eye that generally affects young children. If retinoblastoma is detected early, a cure is possible.
The most common throat cancers are linked to smoking and excessive alcohol use.
Vaginal cancer is a rare cancer that typically occurs in older women.
Jul. 24, 2014
- Brachytherapy. RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=brachy. Accessed April 5, 2014.
- Radiation therapy and you: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping/radiation-therapy-and-you. Accessed April 5, 2014.
- Brachytherapy. RT Answers. http://www.rtanswers.org/treatmentinformation/treatmenttypes/brachytherapy.aspx. Accessed April 5, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 4, 2014.
- Gunderson LL, et al. Clinical Radiation Oncology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 5, 2014.